Mission, Goals and Core Values
Ensure all military-connected students receive all federal, state and campus benefits to which they are entitled, in a timely and accurate manner. Continually adapt to the needs of the military-connected student community, refining practices as necessary. Provide a welcoming and inviting environment that will aid in transitions to higher education and beyond. Expand campus awareness of the military-connected community.
- Help all military-connected Mustangs access available campus and community resources.
- Provide well-trained, expert educational benefits professionals to assist students in navigating military benefits.
- Help all military-connected Mustangs to succeed by building a supportive and connected community.
- Help Cal Poly faculty and staff understand the unique needs of a student veteran or military dependent.
- Provide all military-connected Mustangs with the tools they need to be Ready Day One. These include study space, tutoring, advising, and providing substantive career programming.
- Expand industry partnerships.
- Support the university goals of an inclusive and diverse campus through increased enrollment of military-connected students.
- Provide professional development opportunities.
- Increase available scholarships and grants for military-connected students.
Cal Poly's Center for Military-Connected Students holds five core values that underscore the obligations inherent in the CMCS mission: Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, and Excellence.
Act with high moral principles. Adhere to the highest professional standards.
Work diligently to serve all military-connected students at Cal Poly.
Be a true advocate by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of the military-connected student population at Cal Poly.
Treat all with dignity and respect.
Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement.