Military Leave of Absence
Military Leave of Absence Eligibility
The approved leave form must be submitted by the first day of the term the leave begins. Assistance is available through the Center for Military-Connected Students.
- Students must be eligible to enroll in the term the leave begins.
- We highly encourage students considering a Leave of Absence to discuss their particular situation with Financial Aid prior to their leave.
- Update Poly Planner before your leave begins by adding a message for the terms you will be on leave and selecting the terms and choosing the “add message” option.
- Students cannot be in Disqualification Status Student cannot be enrolled in the term the leave begins
Student loan recipients may face repayment responsibility with their lender. Please check with Student Accounts for any financial obligation details.
Financial Aid recipients must inform the Financial Aid Office.
It is the student’s responsibility to obtain all signatures and submit the completed request to Office of the Registrar.
- Submit the form through email here with a copy of your military orders.
- Orders may be submitted after the leave is processed if a student is immediately deployed by the U.S. Armed Forces.
- An individual designated by the student may act in the student’s behalf to submit the leave form.
- Retroactive submission of orders is permitted without penalty.
- Student will be placed on a two-year military leave of absence for military duty beginning with the term following the last term of enrollment.
- An additional two-year extension for military duty may be authorized with a copy of your United States Military Orders.
- A student called to active U.S. Military Service shall not lose academic credits or degree status. Absence due to approved U.S. Military Leaves is not considered an interruption in attendance, and students granted Military Leaves retain their original catalog rights.
- Refunds may be given at any time prior to the awarding of course credit, to include the full amount of registration fees, tuition, non-state fees, and any miscellaneous charges.
- Also refundable are on-campus housing fees, with the 30-day prior notice requirement to be waived.
- Financial Aid recipients must inform the Financial Aid Office.